Thursday, July 15, 2010

Are you The One?

Well, I don't want to get "anyone's" hopes up, but there is a possibility I found my apartment.  I won't tell you all about it just yet because I don't want "anyone" to be disappointed.  And by anyone, I mean me.  I am going to be looking at the apartment tomorrow.  Everyone wish me luck.  Kiss your fingers.  Cross your rabbits foot.  Wait. What?

I will tell you this.  I have decided that 2 bedrooms might be a good idea.  This comes after spending 3 weeks with 2 cats in a small apartment with no door on the bedroom, especially when one of the cats (as I've told you) thinks 4 AM is a perfectly reasonable time to play, walk on his mom's head, attack his sister, and knock things off of tables. 

Anyway, in case you have noticed that there hasn't been a lot of posting about food lately, it's because I am officially on Day 4 of a diet.  Yuck.  I hate it.  But a girl has gotta do something to fit into her clinic clothes when she doesn't have the money to buy new ones.  It just comes down to a matter of necessity.  Plain and simple.  (Living in a city full of skinny people does not help...by the way). And again, I would hate for "anyone" to be disappointed with my results, so I won't say anything else about it.

By the way, does it make me a total nut job if I am tempted to grab some of the furniture items off of the sidewalk?  I have a very hard time watching perfectly good furniture get thrown away, especially when some of that furniture is exactly what I am planning on buying once I get my permanent place.  I do see people who look like bag ladies hanging around the sidewalks on trash days putting microwaves and whatnot in their little shopping baskets and trunks.  I am afraid I just might end up being one.  If anyone sees or hears of me getting to this point, please smack me and throw some trash in my face.  In the meantime, I will try to resist the always present temptation to grab stuff and run down the street. 

Work continues to be great.  I have been getting my work goodies in the mail, including my new digital camera.  I've never had one, so I feel kinda grown up. 














And there it is.  I didn't think anyone else would have a brown camera and thus thought it might be a good idea to have one that would not be easily confused with someone else's.  Naturally, I took it to work only to find that Laura also has a brown camera.  Go figure.  I also am getting my textbooks in the mail, including my two-volume 400 lbs (and $400!) Bolognia textbook that I hauled to my apartment today from the package room.  Just a little light reading.  No biggie.

I found out a nice little fact the other day.  As some of you know, I have a particular attachment to Seinfeld because I did my medical school honors research project on the effects of Seinfeld (and thus an example of popular television) on the public's view of health information (particularly dermatology). It turns out that Seinfeld used our hospital's ghetto Emergency Room sign for the Emergency Room sign in the show.  I will have to take a picture of it sometime in all it's neon glory.

Speaking of Seinfeld, I REALLY want to take Kramer's Reality Tour, hosted by the "real" Kramer.  Basically, Kenny Kramer, Larry David's across-the-hall neighbor and the man who is the inspiration for Kramer on the show, gives a 3 hour theatrical multi media tour of all the places made famous on the show.  It is supposed to be hilarious and a really good time.  Anyone want to go?




1 comment:

  1. you have never had a camera? I'm not sure if we can be sisters anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete